Earn $100 for every Solidity exercise that gets accepted on Exercism.
- Solidity is a language for writing smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. A smart contract is application or program that runs on a blockchain. Typically, they work as a digital agreement that is enforced by a specific set of rules. These rules are predefined by computer code, which is replicated and executed by all network nodes.
- Solidity is what helps crypto developers make DeFi protocols (like Uniswap & Compound) & NFT marketplaces like OpenSea. There is a shortage of good solidity devs in the market right now. You can look at all the open jobs here.
- We believe a developer's ability to write smart contracts will be valuable as we head into an economy run on crypto.
So what's the task?
- Exercism does not currently have any Solidity exercises -- the task is to create one. The format for creating a new exercise is available here.
- For writing tests in Solidity use Truffle.
- Every problem that gets accepted by the Exercism team will receive $100 in BTC. The payout will happen only when code merge has been accepted on Github by the Exercism team and your problem appears on exercism.io.
- It's is harder to create an exercise to teach someone something than it's to solve the exercise yourself. For this reason this task is best suited for developers who have worked with Solidity before. If it's your first time with Solidity you might want to learn the basics of the language yourself. Start with the docs or with Solidity by Example
- Check out the problem set on Solidity Koans to get inspiration for how to write good exercises and tests in Solidity. In case you decide to use any problems here make sure to respect the license by the original authors.